Thursday, February 10, 2011

"101 Things for the Housewife to Do"

Today,
I was walking through the library,
and a shelf of books caught my eye...

First of all,
seriously,
how hilarious are those book titles?

"Housewifery" (is that really a word?)
"Survival for Busy Women"
"The Easy Housekeeping Book", etc.

So, I had to stop and browse.
The book I chose was,
"101 Things for the House Wife to Do"

Cause really?
I can't imagine you need a book,
or even a list,
to figure out what you need to do.
Not that I am a housewife,
but my personal list,
when it comes to taking care of MY house?
never ending.

But anyway,
I found the "decorating" section
to be really fun.

Check it out:

Quote: "Some people are able to live with violent contrasts"
(referring to color, of course)
and seriously....I love those color schemes...

and this next page?
Quote: "Three typical examples of modern furniture are shown on the next page"
is it just me,
or does that furniture remind you of a dollhouse?

at any rate?
I was really entertained.
They were very fun!

I love that they still have books like this in the library.
I bet they could sell them on ebay for a fortune.
Because that is some awesome vintage stuff.

1 comment:

Jude N Eliza said...

I Love this! I may be needing to make a trip to the library and check them out...so funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails